Brian M. Maloney
Toll Free: 888-432-3381
Personal Injury Law
“Personal injury” simply refers to a situation where someone has been injured or killed as a result of an accident or someone’s negligence. An injury may occur anywhere – in a car, truck, motorcycle, home, workplace, hospital, or any public or private place. It may involve injuries from a dog bite, or injuries from a defective or dangerous product. Read more...
Litigation and Trials
Our award winning attorneys who practice in the area of Litigation and Trials are not just litigators. Each year, we try numerous cases to verdicts before juries, judges and arbitrators. One problem can have numerous solutions, resulting in a variety of possible outcomes. A client’s ability to achieve their objectives in litigation – a favorable settlement or a trial win – are enhanced by counsel who are known for taking cases to trial. We are proven trial attorneys. Read more...
Criminal and Traffic Defense
In the area of criminal and traffic defense, Hanaway Ross attorneys represent clients who have received traffic tickets and who are under investigation for, or have been charged with criminal offenses. We do this on a selective basis, and we will evaluate your case to see if we think we can be of assistance to you. We are not a high volume criminal/traffic defense law firm; rather, we handle these cases when we believe we can make a difference for our client. Read more...
Attorney Brian M. Maloney grew up in Green Bay, Wisconsin. He received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Wisconsin in 1981, and received his law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 1984. From 1984 to 1986 he was Assistant District Attorney/Assistant Corporation Counsel in Oneida County, Wisconsin. On June 19, 1986, he was appointed Oneida County District Attorney by Governor Tony Earl. He was elected District Attorney twice before entering the private practice of law in 1989. Since 1989, his practice has focused on civil and criminal litigation, primarily representing people injured in accidents or accused of committing crimes. His civil litigation experience includes car accidents, dog bite cases, and wrongful death cases. He has tried over 100 jury trials.
Litigation Experience Includes:
- Prosecuting and defending homicide cases
- Representing a state trooper responding to an accident who was struck on the shoulder of the highway by a negligent driver
- Representing a family whose child was killed as a result of an accident involving a farm tractor operating in a roadway at night without proper lights
- Successfully representing an individual against a multinational corporation for the company’s failure to honor a “golden parachute” agreement, at the trial court level and in the Wisconsin Court of Appeals. Click here for Court of Appeals Decision.
- Obtaining an acquittal of a former Marine who was charged with homicide by negligent use of a vehicle
- Obtaining acquittals for multiple clients in high-profile criminal cases throughout northeast Wisconsin
- Brian currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Green Bay St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Served on the Board of Trustees of GRACE (Green Bay Area Catholic Education) from 2008 to 2012.
- He previously served on the St. John the Baptist Board of Education and was co-chair of the St. John the Baptist Building Committee.
- He was a member of the Village of Howard Plan Commission from 1999-2005, and 2008-2009.
- He also served on the Board of Directors of the Wisconsin Association for Justice from 2003 to 2009.
- Undergraduate Education: University of Wisconsin – B.B.A. 1981
- Law School: University of Wisconsin – J.D. 1984