Randall L. Gast
Toll Free: 888-432-3381
Litigation and Trials
Our award winning attorneys who practice in the area of Litigation and Trials are not just litigators. Each year, we try numerous cases to verdicts before juries, judges and arbitrators. One problem can have numerous solutions, resulting in a variety of possible outcomes. A client’s ability to achieve their objectives in litigation – a favorable settlement or a trial win – are enhanced by counsel who are known for taking cases to trial. We are proven trial attorneys. Read more...
Social Security Disability
Social Security Disability (“SSD”) is a federal disability insurance program. It is separate from Social Security retirement, but is similar in that workers pay a small percentage of their wages into a federally managed fund to be eligible for SSD should they need it. State and federal bureaucracies usually differ only in the scale of frustration and confusion they create. Read more...
When it comes to employment law, we represent clients through all phases and types of employment issues, ranging from counseling employers on employer and employee rights and benefits, and the development of employee handbooks and policies. It is our philosophy that the employer who best understands the law avoids the potential for disputes and litigation. Hanaway Ross also has attorneys who are expert in handling most types of employment litigation on behalf of both employers and employees Read more...
Personal Injury Law
“Personal injury” simply refers to a situation where someone has been injured or killed as a result of an accident or someone’s negligence. An injury may occur anywhere – in a car, truck, motorcycle, home, workplace, hospital, or any public or private place. It may involve injuries from a dog bite, or injuries from a defective or dangerous product. Read more...
Attorney Randall L. Gast grew up in Gresham, Wisconsin in Shawano County. After high school, he served as a law clerk in the United States Army where he was awarded the Army Commendation and Good Conduct medals. Randy received his bachelors degree in political science with highest honors from the California State University at Fullerton. He received his law degree magna cum laude from the University of California Hastings College of Law in San Francisco. Prior to joining Hanaway Ross, Randy worked as a litigation attorney with a national law firm in Los Angeles, California. He has had an active law practice in Green Bay since 1993.
Litigation Experience Includes:
- Civil litigation, with particular emphasis on real estate, commercial and business disputes, product liability, personal injury, employment law, and social security disability.
- Successful jury trials in cases ranging from personal injury and breach of warranties to eminent domain.
- Represents both plaintiffs and defendants in complex lawsuits of all kinds using various and innovative means of obtaining positive results for his clients.
- Multiple and successful litigation efforts on behalf of national satellite television providers to obtain injunctions and seizure and impoundment orders from federal court in satellite piracy cases.
- Well versed in municipal law serving as general counsel to the Village of Gresham, Fish Creek Sanitary District, and Oconto County Drainage District.
- Mediation services as a mediator assisting litigating parties in facilitating an amicable resolution of their disputes.
- Frequent speaker to various professional organizations, such as the Robert Parins Inn of Court, the Wisconsin Association for Justice and the Wisconsin Paralegal Association.
- Former Village Trustee (2006-2015) and Village President (2015-2016) of the Village of Allouez.
- Board Chairman of Integrated Community Solutions, Inc., a non-profit housing and social services organization.
- Board of Directors for Heritage Hill Corporation which oversees Heritage Hill State Park.
- Board of Directors for the CP Center which provides supportive and other services for those with cerebral palsy and other cognitive and functional disabilities.
- Former Board member of Mosaic Arts, a non-profit organization devoted to expanding cultural and artistic expression in the Green Bay area.
- Former Board member of On Broadway, Inc., a community-based group organized to promote the economic revitalization and historical preservation of Green Bay’s near downtown west side.
Education and Admissions:
- Randy graduated in 1988 with highest honors from the California State University at Fullerton with a bachelors degree in political science.
- He received his Juris Doctor degree in 1991 from the University of California Hastings College of Law in San Francisco, graduating magna cum laude.
- Admitted to practice law in Wisconsin, California and Florida, including the Seventh and Ninth Circuit Federal Courts of Appeal.
- Member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, Brown County Bar Association and the Robert Parins Inns of Court.